Friday, January 16, 2015

Departure


Two blogger friends have posts today of a mom's passing. Another blogger has posted of her mom's illness and her caring for her. Gerry and I have both struggled this past year with our mom's hospital and nursing home stays, and I know many others who read my blog have also been dealing with these same issues over the past year.

In the months before my dad died, this is where he would go, to the beach. Every day. He would take bread and throw it to the seagulls. I didn't go with him one time. I have so many regrets from that time when he was dying of cancer. I had a new baby. I couldn't deal with his dying. I guess I did the best I could at the time. I guess we all do the best we can when a parent is dying. And they understand. They are our parent after all......

To those of you saying goodbye to loved ones, thoughts and prayers are with you today.....

Peace.