Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sunshine On A Cloudy Day


Just looking at a photo of this child melts my heart..... I took Wesley to the airport this morning and sent her off on her first solo flight to Boston. She will be there working with WGBH until school starts, finishing up the edit from the filming they did in Winston Salem, her first internship. I am a proud proud proud proud mom! What a bright spot in my week. She came home last night and we had dinner and got to spend a few moments together before she had to pack up and leave again. My college senior off and on her way..... sigh.......

7 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

I was thinking the other day that when you are old 50 years from now Wesley will be right by your side. Of course she will be filming a documentary about the person she hired to take care of you.

littlemancat said...

Lovely young lady off to a great town! Indeed sunshine on a cloudy day. Hope you're doing better, take care.
Mary

Tracey Broome said...

She's a breath of fresh air! Dennis my plan is to die out in my rocker on the porch with a Budweiser in my hand:)
Mary, moving the furniture around, feeling better ! Thanks

cookingwithgas said...

She is going places, that is for sure.

Michèle Hastings said...

Yay for Wesley and her proud parents!

Lori Buff said...

It's got to be so exciting for her. I just keep thinking about that Dr. Seuss book, "Oh, The Places You Will Go."

Trish said...

Exciting times, changing times, LIFE times... Continue to cheer for her. Have a great day. T.