Thursday, July 3, 2014

Flags


Happy Fourth of July! Great excuse to get out my favorite thing. Red, White and Blue. And flags. I love flags.


I have my grandfather's flag, it has 48 stars. I have the flag that was draped on my dad's coffin. I bought an old cloth flag at the thrift store the other day for $3, hung it in the downstairs bathroom. I have flags everywhere. I'm sad that the rebel flag is such a hateful symbol, because I really like the design of it. NO, I don't support what it has come to stand for, and I don't own one, like many here in the south, but I just wish it could be a symbol for something other than what it came to stand for. Too bad....

I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday. Wesley and I are here celebrating without Gerry this year. First time I ever remember there being a hurricane on the NC coast this early and he is at the Outer Banks covering it. Wesley invited a college friend who is a long way from home to come spend the weekend with us, so it's just the three of us here. Popcorn and a movie is about the only festive event we have planned, I don't do the hot dog hamburger grill on the 4th thing,  it's just too dang humid and hot...... hot as a firecracker, haha!


Flags at the Liberty Antiques Festival


Sybil and Dora rocking the fourth of July. They are so hot. They were panting pretty bad yesterday. See the enamel pan in the background? I filled it up with water today and now they have a little swimming pool in the coop, they have been checking it out, getting their toes wet, but that's about all. I have been misting them with the hose, they like that, sort of.....



Peace ya'll
xo

6 comments:

Shannon said...

chickens and flags.....got some paint-able elements there. Have a great holiday! enjoy your girl.

Tracey Broome said...

Hi Shannon: I have two of your chicken paintings, if you paint a flag and a chicken I may have to own another!! Happy holiday :)

cookingwithgas said...

Flags and chickens... nothing better. You still blow me out of the water in how you can capture life. You have a word and an eye to go with it.
I'm lucky to know you, the chicken whisper and now soap maker. Chicken soap.... it's a money maker.

littlemancat said...

Love the chickie girls and flags! Really nice pictures.
Hope you have a good day, too bad Gerry's off to cover Arthur.
Mary

smartcat said...

Flags and Hens....looking good!
Happy 4th!

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Meredith, thanks, lucky to know you too!!! Chicken whisperer, haha! yep, that's me :)
Mary, thanks so much, just heard from Gerry, says it wasn't much of a storm. Have a good 4th
Suzi, we were on the same path with our photos today weren't we?! Happy holiday xo