Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My extended family


Is this not the most wonderful photo?! Jamphel emailed us today from Virginia to say it was snowing there and I know he is happy because I couldn't keep him in the house when it snowed here!  He sends me emails most days, sometimes with photos, sometimes just a quick hello. How is it that a monk who traveled all the way here from India has become like family to us in such a short time? Life is a wonder......


 This is Geshe Jampha. He is on facebook with Wesley every day, throughout the day. She got a note from him yesterday saying that he misses his family (us) and that he hopes and prays every day to see us again soon. It still amazes me how close we all have become, and I do hope we will see them again soon. They will be in Kentucky in May for six weeks, the final leg of their journey before going back to India and we are hoping to go for a last visit with them. This is a kind and gentle man, he developed a huge crush on Gerry's camera, haha! Gerry let him take some pictures with it and I think he would really like to have a camera of his own. But mostly I think he would like a family. It's sad in a way, these men have so much to give, they would be such wonderful fathers, husbands, grandfathers, but they have dedicated their lives to another path.....
We all miss them terribly.


I get up every morning now and I practice my Tibetan alphabet. I know it pretty well. Now I just need a teacher to help me move on. My pal Laura took me to a Tibetan store in Cary this past weekend and I met the owner, a very sweet man from Tibet who offered to teach me. I just might take him up on it!


I thought I would move on with my blog and end the monk saga until I got the photo from Jamphel, I thought you might like to see it too. So, this will be a nice ending post, and I will try to move on to another subject!

I went to Charlotte today to pick up a few pieces that had been visiting a gallery for a bit too long and brought them back here. Had an email from a very worthy group asking for an auction donation, and how about that, I just happen to have a couple of pieces to choose from!  Karma. Lark and Key has been very good to me, Sandy took me out for a wonderful lunch, and so I will give a little back to someone else. Just as the monks would want it, right?!

8 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

An amazing photo indeed! Jeff has learned the Korean alphabet and is trying to immerse himself in the language. I admire you both for learning something new. Sadly, I should at least speak French, growing up in a Canadian family... but I only speak English :-(

Tracey Broome said...

Learning a new language at my age is hard, Michele! But the Tibetan language is so beautiful, it's fun to learn. Makes me appreciate what others go through coming to a new country and having to learn the language, very hard....

Dennis Allen said...

Great picture. What part of Ky. are they coming to?

Tracey Broome said...

Hi Dennis they will be in Louisville May 10-31 at the dharma center, not sure what they are doing there

Lori Buff said...

That's a great picture, you're right.

It seems like the monks are doing a great job at being a son, a brother, a friend.

Tracey Broome said...

They are, Lori, but I sense such a lionliness in them.....

littlemancat said...

Lovely pics, all of them. The sheer joy in the first one is stunningly beautiful. I do hope that you all will meet up again, it seems you must.
And so neat about the karma of having work/art to contribute, to send out into the world. Good for you, and it's good of you.
Mary

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Mary, if you get gifts in life, you have to give some too! He does look joyful in that photo, doesn't he?!