Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Just workin'

I love the afternoon light on my kitchen table...........
I like to bring these in and live with them a few days before I ship them out, they're gone now... bye bye
I worked on "Susan" today
and I got a couple of other pieces made. I used one of my house templates to make a tall bottle, thinking this might be a good item for the ^6 redux. It has possibilities, but I went back out and cut the neck down a bit after looking at this photo. I'm not really into making a bunch of these bottles, very time consuming, but it's sort of cool. I just never get tired of making these houses, but man, they take a lot of time.....
I'm thinking that maybe some photo transfers might be nice on the one with the finial, whatcha think?....
I just want to keep it simple, like maybe the finial should be the focal point, hmmmmmm.

10 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

The broad side of the one with the finial needs something unless there is a door on the other side. It will come to you.

Tracey Broome said...

Definitely will get something..... I have some ideas!

cookingwithgas said...

Susan- don't jump- all is good!
She is so cute standing there looking as if there is something out there to jump for.
I like the bottle and as Mark would tell you- they are not easy. I think he worked out his bug on his.
I love the way you shot your work- magic.

smartcat said...

I love the idea of living with your work before sending it out into the world. You have some made majick happening here.....the sum being much greater than the parts. Sort of like making a great meal out of mundane ingredients.

Tracey Broome said...

I am the queen of putting to get her a meal with whatever I can scrounge up from the frig! I like that idea:)
Yeah, Meredith, the bottles won't be made in mass quantity, I can tell you that, it's slow going!

Unknown said...

I also love the afternoon light on your kitchen table and wish I had the same!!! Susan is awesome! Love the little off the shoulder thing she has going on....a little sexy, tragic?!
Have a great day~

Tracey Broome said...

She's a teaser, that's for sure! This will be a hard one to part with, she is becoming quite a little friend :)

Lori Buff said...

Maybe Susan is thinking about flying.
Photo transfers might be really nice on that building. I don't think you've done any in a while.

Susan Wells said...

Ladies and Germs! Yes! Everything you said is true. And you can include that I adore hanging out in a sanctuary partly dressed and coming out now and then for the view and to smell the air and see if I can find the hawks that are making a racket outside.

Tracey Broome said...

and that's why we love you! xo