Monday, February 13, 2012

The Civil Wars



Sorry, I had a Bruno Mars video up but it disappeared so I decided to put this one up.
Who watched the Grammy show last night? Bruno Mars rocked it, google his performance last night if you want to feel good. The Civil Wars opened for Taylor Swift and I would have much rather heard more from them than Taylor. I have to say, for a few hours of escapism TV, the show last night was really great. Eye candy for sure, the sets and choreography were amazing, and the performances were so much better than they have been in the past. The Foo Fighters kicked ass and God bless Glen Campbell.

Thanks for those votes for the versatile potter thing, I'm not really sure what that means, but thanks. I have been so busy filling out contracts and applications and Mudfire sent me some interview questions, so trying to come up with clever things to say for the obligatory "tell us something about you we don't know" and then name some more people for nomination has slipped through the cracks. It's not that I am ungrateful for the recognition, I just don't like it when a few people are singled out on a blog for recognition when we are all busting our asses and doing what we love and doing it the best we know how. I do like reading the things people say about themselves when these award things come up, but if you have been reading this blog for awhile you already know way more than you ever needed to know about me. If I made a list of those I would like to recognize it would be everyone that reads this. So here is a versatile potter shout out to all of you if you are reading :)
Happy week everyone. I have a kiln going today and I need to ship work to Mudfire for the show and I have some applications to send out, so I need to get going.
xo

6 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

I like what I have heard from the Civil Wars and probably would have thought the same as your regarding Taylor Swift! I probably would have watched the Grammy show last night if I had tv, we had to settle for listening to back porch music on NPR instead.

Anna M. Branner said...

I gotcha Tracey. I ruminated on the whole idea when I read Meredith's post and then just decided what the hell. So just do your thing and get that application finished! :)

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Michele, yah the Civil Wars are amazing!
Anna, it isn't that I am being ungrateful, I do appreciate the thought xoxo, I have just done a bunch of these in the past, and right now, I am in the midst of taxes and show applications, so I'm trying to minimize the typing haha! but it was very nice to be nominated, thanks to those who did the choosing!!!!!

cookingwithgas said...

Good lord that is some good music.
I love the vocals in that song- it was great to put faces with the music.
You are busy and I am happy for you.

Tracey Broome said...

I'm getting ready to be a little bit more busy, just got a great commission!

Susan Wells said...

definitely a good idea to tromp around in nature with fancy clothes on!!