Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chatham County Studio Tour


We had a nice Thanksgiving break with Wesley and now she is back at school and time for me to get back to the studio. I worked really hard yesterday getting everything ready for the tour. The floor has a fresh coat of paint, and everything is clean and sparkling, well almost everything. I even cleaned my wheel! 

 I still have lots of nice things, prices ranging from $5 to $500, so come on out, there is something for everyone!


I won't have the buffet that some people put out, but I will have teas and hot chocolate and some snacks. I remember the years that Wes and I went on the tour, there were folks that put out quite a spread, but it didn't really make me want to buy anything. I either wanted their work or I didn't. And I seem to remember lots of hummus and carrots. I also remember that some people didn't really know how to make cider and everyone had cider. Well, I'm not a cook, don't want to be a cook, and I don't really like cider, so eat before you come if you are hungry :)  Hope to see you this weekend or next. The tour is December 3-4 and 10-11 and studios are open from 10am-5pm. Come on out, it's a great time and you meet some wonderful artists!!

13 comments:

Bonnie Springer said...

Your studio looks beautiful! I'm so looking forward to seeing in on Saturday.

Laura Farrow said...

just gorgeous. so festive! see you next week. xo

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Wow, you're one step ahead of me and inspiring me to get to the studio today and DECORATE! I should have done it yesterday... Our town's Hospitaility Night is tonight and I have not done a thing to make the studio Christmasy! Today is THE DAY!

Hope the studio tour is wonderful. You're place looks awesome.

Lori Buff said...

The studio and the art look great, I'm sure you'll do well without the carrots and hummus.

cindy shake said...

Looks FAB Tracey! Yeah, First Friday art walks are similar in that people are moving from gallery to gallery eating and drinking their way through dinner!! PLUS there are usually major spills that have to get cleaned up -arrrggh! I think you are brave to put your personal creating space on tour -I'm too fussy to share where I work with people (except for letting people look at my Blog! ha!) I admore all that you have been doing lately to further your art making career :o) xo

cindy shake said...

*I ADMIRE all that you have been doing...

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Bonnie! I'm saving a star for you :)
Thanks Laura, it feels festive, I'm ready to get this party started!
Patricia, tonight?! you better get going girl!
Thanks Lori, no hummus here, haha!
Cindy, I had a lady eat almost everything on my table when I had my show at the NC Craft gallery. I think she came for dinner grrrr.... I don't mind folks coming out for the tour, but I don't wan a retail store here!

Dennis Allen said...

Wow, that empty space that used to be in your yard looks so much better with a studio on it.Congrats on the annual cleaning of the wheel.Too much food and drink and people stay til they want to go in the house and use the bathroom.I gets complicated.

Michèle Hastings said...

beautiful transformation from studio to gallery space! people just love to get inside a craftsman's workspace... i have found that when we do food for these things WE are the only people that eat it.
good luck with the tour... sell, sell, sell.

Cathy Kiffney Studio said...

Your studio looks so welcoming and sweet and the work looks awesome. I'm sure you will have a great show, good luck! I hope to stop by during the tour.

Tracey Broome said...

Dennis, that's a good point, and we won't be having a public restroom, I can't supervise potty trips!
Michele, I know what you mean, I always end up eating the food, and I don't need it!
Cathy I would love for you to stop by!!!! I recently saw your work in Winston Salem, looked great!

cookingwithgas said...

its your house/studio you can do as you please.
I hate dips at open houses 'cause you never know who has double dipped-ewwww.
have a great tour!

Tracey Broome said...

I KNOW! and I hate watching people grab into a bowl of nuts or m&m's! Where have those hands been!