Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lots going on

Wesley got this gorgeous tea bowl in the mail today from Hollis Engley. It is soooooo nice and I am just a bit jealous that she gets to take it back to school with her. She picked out a similar wonderful tea bowl when we stayed at their place this past summer, but there was an unglazed spot inside and it leaked out all of the tea. So he very kindly timed his mail with her visit home and she had a nice surprise today. Hollis, she sends her biggest thanks to you!!!! She loves it, you are very kind. She was perfectly happy with the other one for holding her pens on her desk :)
In other news, the day we picked Wes up from school I had a cold coming on and I have been sick the whole time she has been here. She goes home tomorrow and of course I am starting to feel better. We just laid around on the sofa for two days watching movies while it rained so all is well. If I had been feeling better I probably would have felt guilty about that with all I have going on, but at least I had a good excuse with this cold. I also worked on some transfer tiles, I am digging this process and slapping decals on everything! I'll get some better photos when the sun comes back out. Very dark and rainy today.....
I thought my desk looked pretty much like my life right now, so I snapped a quick photo this afternoon. There are some props from the play I'm working on, some paints from a frog I had to make, some nice paper that is going to find it's way onto my barns, and some things I picked up on a walk yesterday around the arboretum at UNC with the family. Plus paperwork from Festifall that I still need to work on.
It's been so great to have Wesley home, lots more dishes to wash, I forgot about how much we eat when we are all home. Lots of dirty mugs from all the tea I'm drinking to stay hydrated. She brought some interesting DVD's from friends at school and we caught up on all that's been going on. Back to school for her tomorrow and back to work for me. One Flea Spare opens at the Artscenter Friday night, I have tech this week, and I have YART this weekend, and I am mostly going to have a bunch of stuff that I need to move out, test pieces, things from last year and things that are taking up space in my studio. There will be lots of $1 and $2 items, but the weather looks promising and the company will be fun so come on over to Andi's house and see me. I still need to get the details, should already have that info, but I got this new alka seltzer cold medicine and I have quite a buzz from it, so I'm moving in a time warp right now. I'll let you know soon....

4 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

love the tea bowl and thank goodness you were sick enough to just enjoy your girl. It will all be there when you get better and she goes back.
Thanks for your comments on the blog- like just seems so off these last few weeks...

Hollis Engley said...

Can't be having leaky teabowls going out into the world. Glad her arrival home coincided with the mails.

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Meredith, sometimes life has a way of making us slow down doesn't it! Hollis, your timing was perfect, thanks for the nice surprise for Wesley, it was great for her to get some mail while home:)

Linda Starr said...

I think the body does let us get sick when we need to slow down. I have packed some dollar items for this weekend's show, I wish us both luck on all the sales especially the ones more than a dollar.