Monday, October 17, 2011

Explore Chapel Hill art website

There is a workshop at Durham Tech in Hillsborough on Wednesday night for a new arts website featuring artists and art events in this area.You can read about the workshop HERE. It looks like they are reaching as far as Alamance and Randolph counties so if you live nearby you might want to check it out. I went to the website last night and spent a couple of hours figuring it out and put up a listing for myself. You can see the page HERE. Listing on this website is a similar format to Etsy, so if you have struggled through the early Etsy days, you can do this. There are only two potters there now, me and Joseph Sand, so come on over and join us! I was going to go to the workshop, but I'm just not into crowds of people with minimal computer skills trying to figure things out, I usually want to smack someone, so I stayed home and fussed with it on my own. It's not that difficult!
Sorry for the screaming session last night, but really I just want to pull myself apart when I watch the news. I feel absolutely helpless. There was a bright spot yesterday, driving to Pittsboro I saw a sign that said NO FRACKING in NC!!! Yeah! People get it!!!!

4 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

i somehow got on Ever Wondr's e-mail list last year. they send out a weekly events listing for whatever area you live in. they have a site for almost every county or so it seems. never paid much attention to it. i guess if creating a gallery is free it can't hurt! i guess they make their money on the paid ads.
...and don't you hate it when you are at workshop and the same stupid question gets asked 5 times because no one was REALLY listening?? !

Tracey Broome said...

Yes! That's when I want to smack someone :)
Try it, not too hard to set up. I noticed Blaine Avery has an event listed on there, but not many potters so far. That might change with this blog post though!

Lori Buff said...

Nice looking site but I think it needs work. I went to the "Find an Artist" area and selected "Ceramics & Pottery" it returned a metal worker. I love the idea of it and think it will be great.

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Lori, it definitely needs work. Took me forever to set up the page, lots of little glitches. Hopefully they will figure that out! Reminded me of when I first tried to set up Etsy, big time suck!!