Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Basquiat


I don't know how I missed the movie Basquiat, except for the fact that it came out in 1996 and I had a three year old, my life in the 90's is sort of a blur. I seem to remember Wesley mentioning it to me a couple of years ago, but anyway, better late than never, this is my new favorite movie. If you are like me and living under a rock, crawl out and rent this movie, it's fantastic!!!! The soundtrack is also fantastic, one of the best scenes in the movie was with this song playing, enjoy. Off to roll some slabs and then to a production meeting. Happy Tuesday

5 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Great song, I'll have to look for the video. Thanks

Michèle Hastings said...

i saw Basquiat many years ago and now have only vague memories of it... i will have to see it again.

Tracey Broome said...

Such a great movie! I can't believe I am just finding it, tells you how busy I have been :)

Anonymous said...

hey tracey, i love van the man... got almost everything he ever did. also recently been getting into beck and realized when i play the vid on your post that beck sampled part of van's song for one of his that's one of my faves too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6CLlmUggWQ&feature=related

Tracey Broome said...

Jim, LOVE Beck! Wesley turned me on to Beck a couple of years ago. Yeah, I have a bunch of VM music too, doesn't get much better!