Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The last ones

While we were in Maine there was a full moon. We walked down a trail that we had found earlier that day to some rocky cliffs and sat and watched the moon rise over the ocean. Gerry made this picture of me and Wesley sitting there together. We talked about where her life is going and where her life has been so far. The reflection from the moon pointed straight at us as if to say here is your path, now follow it. I have never seen such a beautiful moon rise and it was very emotional. We sat there together holding hands and there was such peace around us.
Finally, I'll stop posting Maine pics now and move on. I just had to put these two up. This was shot one morning around 4am when Gerry and Wesley got up and went to see the sun rise. I was not at all interested, I have been up many mornings to see the sun rise, but this was a good one. I'm glad they went together without me. A nice father daughter moment. I wish I could have seen a sun rise with my dad.....
I'm leaving the family here for a few days and going down to Beaufort with my good friend and fellow potter Barbara McKenzie. So much of what I know about pottery I have learned from her, With her, I learned to Raku, to hand build with slabs, we have experimented with ^6 reductions together, pit fired in saggars..... so much. She is so full of information, it will be fun to spend some time with her absorbing more of her knowledge! I'll be back pottery blogging on Monday.

5 comments:

Anna M. Branner said...

Have a great visit!

Linda Starr said...

Both of those photos are spectacular, I so want to go up there.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your reunion!

Paul Jessop said...

Hi Tracey, those pics look great.

cindy shake said...

LOVELY photos -so serene. Have a fun and safe journey!