Saturday, January 15, 2011

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

Who knew you could have such a tremendous sale in the first weeks of January!? The trunk show today at The Bead Store was amazing and for those of you that bought my work today, here is a huge THANK YOU and a big hug!!!! It was great to see friends that stopped by, especially my best buddy Charlotte who has been such a great supporter and just seeing her bright smile at a show is the best. Also finally met Susan, who gave one of my barns a home through Etsy and found me through Meredith's blog. It was so mice to meet you and your sister today Susan, so glad you finally made it to a show. Be looking for a link here on my blog when she gets her Etsy shop opened, she makes beautiful jewelry, we were all drooling over her necklace today :) and Betsy, who cleaned me out on my turquoise beads, and so many other great new customers. I had the BEST time watching everyone make their own work with my beads and pendants, the whole shop was just vibrating with creative energy. And the biggest thanks of all to the pros that work at the store. These girls are so talented and so helpful and it was just fantastic watching them create.
No one has ever made a sign for me before, I loved this!

Here is a great example of what was going on today. Evan helped a customer put this together with my raku pendants and beads from the store and the final result was exquisite. I really have to get in there sometime soon and make some things.
Most of all I would like to thank Evan for working so hard to put this together and inviting me to have a show. This was a first for me, I'm usually doing art festivals and music festivals, but this was sooooo fun and I hope to be back there soon. If you haven't been to The Bead Store, you really should check it out! The owners are wonderful people and the shop has some of the best supplies I have seen for making jewelry. Thanks again everyone!!
PS: Meredith made a comment that the square looked like one she made and she is right and I am a total idiot!!! You may remember that I stayed at her place a while back and I made an impression of this stamp one day just messing around while waiting on my slabs to set up. It got bisque fired with all of the other stuff I made down there and I tossed it in one of the many boxes of junk I have around here, not intending to use it. I completely forgot about it and then picked it up last week and used it for this square. It completely slipped my mind. So, I really have to give Meredith the design credit for the square and my humble apologizes for my brain malfunction!!!! I have so many stamps, I can't remember where half of them have come from but I shouldn't be using this one, so I'm going to toss it out so I don't make the same mistake again!!!!! So sorry M. !!!!!!!! but at least it's the only one I made :)

7 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Wow, that is so very cool, so glad you had such a great sale, what wonderful folks there and a sign made just for you, what could be better. The necklace is just supurb.

Michèle Hastings said...

successful day! how wonderful for you. i really need to take some classes on putting jewelry together... i can make beads & pendants but have no jeweler skill :-(
i agree with linda... that necklace is superb.

cookingwithgas said...

that is great and i am glad you met susan and peggy.
the square tile looks like one I did for our son's wedding back in 2009
http://whynotpotteryblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/its-like-watching-glue-dry.html

Tracey Broome said...

thanks Linda! Hi Michele I know what you mean about the putting together, I suck at that! And Meredith, I am such an idiot!!!! I will send you an email, but yes there is a reason that stamp looks familiar and I totally forgot about making it when I stayed at your place, so I have to give you credit for the design and I should probably pay you a design fee!!!!!

cookingwithgas said...

Hey Tracey- I guess we know who will be buying lunch on Wednesday!

Tracey Broome said...

ABSOLUTELY!!!! I owe you big time!!!!
Thai in Asheboro?!

ang design said...

who's a total wally then!!? glad you had a super sale...