Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Hi all my friends and readers!! Happy turkey day! Are we all thankful for something? If you read my blog you know that I have tons and tons to be thankful for! What a year it has been.
I was up at 5:30 this morning, shoved a poor dead bird carcass in the oven and now I will sear it's flesh so that I can feed it to 14 hungry people at noon today. Sound yummy? I think the rooster next door is feeling the pain of his mates today, he has been crowing like a mad bird all morning. Here are a couple of barn pics that I snapped yesterday in the worst possible light, but I was really tired and didn't feel like setting up my ridiculous photo thing for the perfect shots. Just take my word for it, they look better in person! For some reason, the camera doesn't want to see these barns the way my eye sees them, they get sort of distorted, so I don't really jump at the chance to photograph them, plus they hardly last long enough to get a shot, I sell them as fast as I can make them. I have two commissions right now that have got to get done SOON! Maybe this afternoon after everyone goes home. Just kidding!
Have a very blessed day with your families today!!

6 comments:

Linda Starr said...

The barns look great, happy thanksgiving.

cookingwithgas said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Love those wood fired barns- fits them nicely!

Judy Shreve said...

These barns look great - no wonder you can sell as many as you make!! And I loved the wood fired pieces in your last post!
Enjoy your thanksgiving!

Laura Farrow said...

the wood kiln LOVED your barns! YAY! Happy Turkey Day to you and yours. xo

Hollis Engley said...

To you, too, Tracey. And your dedicated readers. I'm roasting stuffed pumpkins right now to take to the home of some friends for the dinner this afternoon. Looks like the barns worked really well.

cindy shake said...

BEAUTIFUL barns :o) Happy Thanksgiving Tracey!