Thursday, October 7, 2010

Spring Collection?

I guess because of my background working with companies that came out with fall and spring collections, I still think like that when I'm working on new ideas. Gerry shot this picture for me in Bermuda, I'm thinking Spring here! Brightly colored barns and houses like these. I love the idea of a bright yellow church. I am also planning to wood fire some of them, I think that could be very cool.
I'll be heading down to Wilmington tomorrow for a 3 day cone 6 reduction workshop at UNC Wilmington. I actually threw some bowls last week, they are in the bisque right now, nothing like waiting until the last minute to fire. They are just little 1 lb. bowls, but they were pretty sweet, can't wait to see how they look in a ^6 redux.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea- go for it! It reminds me of all the colorful buildings in Curacao~

-Kathy

Judy Shreve said...

What fabulous colors! Your barns/buildings would look great with a 'spring' design update. I love that yellow -- but that blue in the background is very cool too.

Linda Starr said...

Nothing wrong with color; I've been thinking along the same lines influenced by my travels in the Baja for so many years and recent trips to Southern beaches.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Love the idea of "spring" colors on the barns and houses! Hey, I LOOOOOOVE my Tracey Broome piece! I arrived back home and there was the box awaiting me. Thank you for the "home" magnet and the star too! All treasures! Thank you Tracey!

Kari Weaver said...

Cone 6 reduction is the new black! In the spring, I'm devoting myself to switching completely from cone 10. Well, I might allow myself a load or two here and there.