Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sh sh sh Shino

I'm heading to the coast for the weekend for the ^6 reduction workshop at UNC Wilmington. I have to say, I'm still pretty skeptical of this lower temp reduction, I have not been too impressed with the results I have seen posted on other blogs, but we'll see. It should be interesting at least. So for now, until Sunday, I will leave you with a little Judith Duff eye candy from the last workshop I attended. If I can come home with a sweet shino recipe that will reduce at cone 6 it will have all been worth the trip! Happy weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Hollis Engley said...

Have fun, Tracey. This is the workshop in Wilmington, isn't it? Good Latin food at Mixto, by the water. And you should re-visit your recommended breakfast joint, Causeway Cafe.

cookingwithgas said...

sounds like a fun workshop! And in this GREAT weather!
Come back with some good stuff.

Michael Mahan said...

I'm still coming to terms with shino in my new wood kiln. I'm going to glaze some pots at leather-hard this time and see if I can avoid crawling.

Hollis Engley said...

Let me know how that goes, Michael. I'm curious to see how the shino reacts. I should try that in my own kiln, I guess. Maybe the next firing.

Tracey Broome said...

I'll let you guys know what I come up with, good or bad. Hollis, I'm staying at my mom's down in Myrtle Beach so good breakfasts there but I may have to catch a lunch at the latin place, sounds good!

Michèle Hastings said...

shino... when she was good, she was very, very good and when she was bad she was horridl

shino and i have a love/hate relationship

Kari Weaver said...

For all my cone 6 red. cheering, I admit that a good shino has eluded me. I haven't sone much testing so I can't complain.

Unknown said...

oooh, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and the ^6 shino. That would be a miracle.