Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gifts of friendship

Another great surprise in the post this week! I came home Friday to a package on my porch and noticed it was from Amazon. I couldn't remember ordering anything but that's not unusual, so I opened it up to see what I had ordered. No, I didn't order this, it was from Gay Judson at Sister Creek Pottery! Gay, you are supposed to be getting something from me, not the other way around!! So, I am catching my breath on this beautiful Sunday, I have nothing to do but sit here with my cup of blueberry tea in my beautiful Meredith mug and read about slips. Thank you sooo much for the book, Gay!!!!!!!
You, my blogger friends are the very best. I have a wall pillow that I look at every day that Jen Mecca sent me, I drink out of Hollis' tea bowls almost daily, as well as Mark and Meredith's mugs, cute little houses are in my studio from Barbara Chadwick Bland, I am learning to use my brush that Brandon sent, and last winter our hands stayed cozy warm in the gloves from Canada that Trish sent. Then there are the gifts from my potter friends, a tool caddy that my pal Charlotte gave me that I use all day long, beautiful necklaces that my pals Susan and Kristen made, cups and books and stamps from my friend Laura, a beautiful journal from my student Amber, one from a long ago student, Nancy, a bracelet that former student Doreen made me that I wear every day. And then there are the great pots that Joseph Sand let me pick out from his first firing, I'm using those all day long! All these things bring me such great joy and were all given with love and friendship. I use these things everyday and think of the person that made them or gave them and I am amazed at my good fortune to know you. I need to get busy giving a little back!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you and if I missed anyone, I'll remember after I post this and will get back to you, but thank you too! (let me know, will you? I'm almost 50, memory fails sometimes)

11 comments:

FetishGhost said...

Life is good... Sing loud!

cookingwithgas said...

I love Sundays with tea and gifts! Enjoy!
And I love what FG said!

Tracey Broome said...

I know Z, what a great thought, thanks for that!!! Yet another gift :)

Linda Starr said...

Great quote from Zygote, so wonderful to hear about gifts of friendship.

You inspired me twice this past week, first to post about Meredith's work and then to post my peas with your post about eating your colors, thanks Tracey.

DirtKicker Pottery said...

I love the setting in your picture. That's an awesome book.
Cindy

Tracey Broome said...

Well, Linda you inspire me lots of times too! Cindy, that cloth on my table was quite the find, 75 cents at the thrift store!!! I am loving this book so far.

Judy Shreve said...

Yes Z - life is good -- let's all sing together!!

You are -- and should be -- well loved, Tracey. Let me know what you discover in the slip book.

Hollis Engley said...

Everyone in this group gives back all the time. Including you, Tracey.

ang design said...

sweeeet :))

Trish said...

Tracey..THANK YOU for your gift of word today! I am reminded of the song..la,lalala,la,la,lalala, sing, sing a song, sing loud..sing out song..sing of good things, not bad ..sing of happy..not sad...lalalalla...
Lovely Sunday eve to you!..My enjoyment this eve is to look at my shiny floors (ya...on a Sunday, but they are fabulous now)..and put out some Fall decor to warm my heart...
Sing, indeed..
T.

Sister Creek Potter said...

You give back everyday in your wonderful posts what stimulate us and pull us all together into a very special community--the community of Tracey!