Thursday, April 15, 2010

What's goin on

Here is a great barn for more inspiration. These barns are behind Chatham Mills in Chatham County and I really like the look of them. I'm tired today, got in around 1am from the Roman Candle concert at the Cat's Cradle. Those of you in Boone and Charlotte, they are coming to a bar near you, check them out. Also in Va. but can't remember where. They have a website and a myspace so visit them there, amazing band! Sorry to my class for being so spacy today! But we had a lot of laughs and these are the best group of girls, great energy and talent. My friend Charlotte has an injured right hand and I teased her and Amber that I could just tie them at the waist, I had two potters today that only have the use of one hand and they were still making great art! Thanks to all the new blogger comments, I am enjoying the new posts and visiting new blog sites. How many blogs can I add to my blog roll, I wonder! Everyone out there seems to be full on with making pots, Spring fever, brains are thawing from the long winter and lots of summer shows are coming up for everyone. I'm loving how busy everyone is and seeing all of your work. There are some bloggers out there that I haven't seen posting in awhile and I am missing them- Andrew, Hollis, Matt, where are you guys?!
Got a ^6 to fire tomorrow with mugs and bowls and I am going to try to get in one more bisque and a Raku before Wednesday, we'll see how that goes. Shakori is a week from today and I still have a lot I would like to make for it, but I think I have enough. Wish I could get down to Seagrove this weekend but it's not looking like that will happen. Wesley's band is playing in Bynum at Clydefest and I may even miss that. Gotta rock the pots right now!!!
Happy weekend everyone, keep up the great potting :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In France, les "Marchés de Potiers" begin again for a new season and everybody is very busy too. Your littles dishes in your last post are beautifull, je les aime...Bonne continuation.

cookingwithgas said...

Hi Tracy! It is busy this spring- wish you could drop over... I have cookies...............
Love the barns- seems there are too many of those old buildings gone these days, taken over by new houses.
Good luck firing

ang design said...

wow trace keep up chic... andrew deleted his and i think matt had a purge as well.. did hollis go away??? loving the way everyone has energy at the mo too its funny that sunshine makes us all smile :)

Hollis Engley said...

Lovely simple barn,Tracey. I love old barns. Looks like spring has definitely come to NC. Still in late winter here on the Cape. I'm getting back into the studio this week, throwing the first pots in a few weeks. Gotta get back to making inventory. Should have a new floor on the upstairs gallery within a week or so.