Saturday, December 12, 2009

Go figure.....

I had such a great day today, hope all of you did! Wesley's school, Woods Charter School, had "Winter Woods" today. They invited parents and teachers that were artists to bring their work and we had a great art sale. So, last week I was at beautiful Stagville Plantation, lovely location, really nice people, but sold almost nothing. Today my table was in front of the microwaves in the great room (bad yellow paint job by the way!), I didn't bring half the stuff, and I sold a ton, brought home an empty bin and Christmas $$$ to buy lots of presents. YAY! Thanks to everyone that came out and supported the Woods artists!
The elementary art teacher got a grant to buy a pottery wheel for her class room and I was lucky enough to be the first one to try it out. We did demos all day and I threw a bunch of these little vases that I am using for Raku test tiles, they work so much better than flat tiles for Raku (I have some to show you later), how cute is that little vase!

This is our very wonderful and good sport principal Mr. Rentz crawling through the Egyptian burial chamber! He is a wonderful pianist and we love him!
And Mr. Durham, the middle school/high school teacher, really got into the wheel throwing and gave me a much needed break. I brought several pieces these girls made home with me to Raku. Their mom gave me a rather large pottery order for the holidays so it is the least I could do! I love this school and feel so fortunate that Wesley was able to get in. Now to get busy on that order.......

3 comments:

Trish said...

Happy to hear you had a great day!..looks like fun and yes, that IS a cute little vase.:)
Re: the posts and shelves..yikes! I have a SKUTT kiln and this spring when I was learning how to fire as mastering Cone 6 and Richard Zakin books suggest, I phoned directly to Skutt and they were very pleasant and helpful. and I believe my posts are all even inside...(at minus 40C =40F, it is too chilly to go look :)Cheers. T.

ang design said...

how excellent, we never can pick whats going to be a great sales day or a dud....i'm just going with the flow now...glad you had a fun day..happy rakuing trace..

cookingwithgas said...

What a great day!
You just never know!