Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Scrubbing Bones

I've been waiting all summer for these bones to be clean enough to gather up. You may remember this summer, a deer died in our woods and we couldn't sit outside for two weeks while it decomposed. Me and Gerry and Wesley went and gathered up the bones last weekend, how's that for some good family time! Today, while I'm kiln sitting I sat outside and scrubbed them good. I'll let them sit in the sun for awhile and bleach and then I'm going to make some pots for them. I hope the deer had a good life, and I thank him for the bones I'll get to put on my Raku, sort of a continuation of his life :)

4 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Great use of the bones. I have three boxes of driftwood I packed up I want to use with my ceramics.

Hollis Engley said...

Eager to see what you do with them, Tracey.

Laura Farrow said...

That's a great pile of bones there, Tracey. I did a fair amount of bone collecting and cleaning myself recently. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.
xo

ang design said...

wow your very own bone ash!! i'm thinking you collected bones???? what are you up to? ahhh happy glaze making..