Friday, March 13, 2009

Sometimes you need a little help

I'm putting together some demos for my kid's El Centro class today. I wanted to make flower pots and tie in an Inca/Aztec theme of some sort. I used the template from the Earth To Annie website for making cups (from Pottery Making Illustrated) to make this flower pot. You might have seen this also mentioned on Cynthia Guajardo's blog. I made a mold of a little South American guy that I've had around for awhile to use for a sprig. I think these are going to look so great! The template is very helpful for helping kids to make cups and pots. I have a bunch of earthenware around here that I am thinking about using for more of these pots. Wouldn't an aloe plant or some rosemary look great in this!

Here is a tile demo from Amy's article that I mentioned yesterday. I added feet to it and made a tray/trivet. Sorry you can't see the feet too well, they are just rolled coils.

And last, I am doing a mini camp for the ArtsCenter in April and the theme will be Peace Art. Here is a rubber stamp Wesley made for her band's T shirts. This is going to make a great tile for my class. Thanks to everyone for sharing their talent and ideas. I do so many kid's classes and a lot of times I am with kids that I have been teaching for the past four years. It helps to have some fresh ideas from others from time to time.

5 comments:

Laura Farrow said...

you inspire me!

Tracey Broome said...

You inspire me too, girrrl! Too bad about the raku firing this weekend :(
Dang rain!

Linda Starr said...

Wow, they all look really good, great idea using the template for a pot and the sprig on the front. I don't know where you get all the time from.

cookingwithgas said...

Hi I made a couple of the tiles like Amy's great idea nad fun!

Tracey Broome said...

Hey Meredith, lets' see some tile photos! Linda, I know what you mean, I never feel like I have enough time in the day.