Saturday, January 31, 2009

What's going on.....

Well, I have eaten all of the chocolate bananas. I think they would be better with chopped up peanuts on them, but they were good. Friday night I took Wesley and the guys in her band to see The Last Waltz Ensemble at the Cats Cradle. They played Bob Dylan and The Band covers and they were really good. Honestly, did any of your moms ever take you to a bar to see a really good band when you were fifteen? Mine sure didn't. I was sneaking into those bars, but my mom sure as heck wasn't there with me! And my dad was at some other bar, Ha! So last night I was dancing with my daughter and her drummer and thinking that life just couldn't possibly get any better. Gerry is working at the Super Bowl and being paid to be there- meanwhile a guy I know(Wesley's friend's dad) paid two thousand dollars a piece for two tickets and he is there also. That's $4000 for frigging football tickets!!!There is something so wrong about that. That's more than 3 of my house payments and it took me forever to save two thousand dollars to get my kiln........which by the way is BEING DELIVERED ON TUESDAY!!! I'm saying this with great joy while doing a happy dance! I have finally had some time on the wheel and let me just say it has been pitiful. Just when I was getting some bowls and cups that I would actually accept, I have decided to do Raku, so I am trying some vase shapes. I like making vases. They are useless and unnecessary, certainly so in a recession, but wouldn't you just know that's exactly what I want to make. It figures. When I got in line to be sent to Earth, I got in the line that said, "you will choose the most difficult path always"! Somebody should have said something. Moved me over into that other line. Oh well, my life is good. Smart, healthy, and beautiful child, my husband is pretty hot and he has a really fun job, and I have a new KILN COMING TUESDAY! Whooo Hoooo...... Ya'll have a great week! I'll show you delivery pics on Tuesday after I hyperventilate :)

4 comments:

Hollis Engley said...

Tracey, take a look at Phil Rogers' work on the Pucker Gallery website - www.puckergallery.com. His biennial show is up there now and the catalog is downloadable in a pdf file on the site. Phil does lots of great vase shapes. Worth looking at. And congratulations on the new kiln. Now get to work.

Tracey Broome said...

Hollis: I can't believe with all the googling I do for pottery I haven't found this gallery. What a spectacular site!! It's like a library, the Phil Rogers catalog is amazing. Thanks so much for letting me know about this! He is going to be in Asheboro,NC at the Potters Conference in March, I am hoping to go.

Linda Starr said...

Oh boy, I'm dating myself, but I was at The Last Waltz in San Francisco and what a great concert (and party) it was. Started out with a Thanksgiving buffet dinner and then the music just went on and on with guest after guest, so magnificant; it was one of the longest concerts I ever attended. No, my mom would never have taken me to any of the concerts I went to, particularly that one and a few others.

Tracey Broome said...

Linda, I saw the documentary of the Last Waltz. It must have been amazing to be there. Those were the good 'ol days weren't they? Why don't we have things like that anymore?