Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving

I know that I have been whining all week, but head colds do that to me. I am not good when I 'm sick. Truly, I have so much to be thankful for. This beautiful child is my daughter and I have been lucky enough to be married to the hot guy below for 23 years.
We had an amazing vacation in New York this year
I get to take my daughter to work
I have the very best girlfriends
My work has introduced me to these fierce people that are recovering from unfortunate events in their lives and they have showed me how to be stronger

I get to work with kids like this who also make me stronger, just seeing how happy they are in spite of some adverse circumstances in many of their lives. They made this totem and gave it to the kid's center in Siler City that takes such good care of them
and I have work that brings all kinds of amazing people into my life, such as my friend and storyteller Braima Mowai, who has worked with me on several occasions with the kids
and these crazy people who helped and inspired me this year at Arrowmont to make my pottery better
I got some great pieces out of the wood firing
and this is the view from my bedroom. Who could ask for more. I am truly blessed. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I am cooking for 15 and still have no heat and a head full of snot, so I probably won't be posting any blogs until all is under control here. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

8 comments:

Judy Shreve said...

What a great post! You are surrounded by a lovely vista and a fine group of people! Happy Thanksgiving - hey 15 people could warm up that cold house of yours . . . and no snot in the dressing lol! eewwww

Anonymous said...

thats what i am talking about. full gratitude, a ever present option! great post.

Sister Creek Potter said...

Wonderful life! Great good Thanksgiving Day. You have a good start! Gay

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Sounds like you'll be having a great Thanksgiving! What a beautiful view from your bedroom.

Jerry said...

Sweet post. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Joaki said...

Hola no hablo inglés...pero sí se decir......Very good, very good, Joaki.

Joy Tanner said...

Thank you for sharing your happy thoughts! It's so nice to find people who so passionately like to improve the lives of others.

Happy turkey day!

Tracey Broome said...

Thanks everyone. Hey if anyone speaks Spanish can you reply to Joaki that I checked out his blog and his pieces are wonderful! No hablo espanol! Nice to have a visitor from Spain!! I feel so blessed to have all of these blog friends as well as my friends around here. Hope everyone has a great holiday!