Friday, October 10, 2008

some that didn't melt

I am really happy with this batch of bowls, except the ones that melted. They are thick and chunky and I like them that way. Gone are the days of trying to make perfect paper thin bowls, they break. These are going to get transparent blue green gloss, transparent amber yellow and clear glazes and hopefully they will make me smile. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to slip the others, no more rushing, I don't have that much time to waste.

I am trying out this little squished bowl as a test for chopsticks. I'm not sure I like it, but I like the idea.

6 comments:

Deb said...

These are great Tracey-I love the brushwork.

Becky said...

I'm with Deborah. Stunning brushwork. Very very nice!!!

ang design said...

sounds good, i look forward to seeing the glazed pots. what sort of firing?? I'm still dreaming about a soda kiln..

Tracey Broome said...

Ang, I know what you mean, I have the grant money to get my gas kiln going, but can't decide on what I want. These pots are earthenware, so they will be a cone 04 firing. Thanks Deb and Becky for your comments.

Judy Shreve said...

The brushwork is fabulous!

doug Fitch said...

wonderful - looking forward to seeing them finished